The Aims of Maths at Ravenshall
We teach maths and numeracy at Ravenshall School at a level that is appropriate to the learning styles, needs and motivation of each pupil. This might involve discrete maths lessons following the National curriculum or be part of a cross curricular, thematic approach to teaching and learning for pupils who have more complex learning difficulties.
We believe that by providing exciting and relevant learning opportunities, all learners can develop to their full mathematical potential. We aim to do this by:
- Promoting enjoyment and enthusiasm for learning through practical activity, exploration and discussion.
- Equipping learners with the language and skills to communicate their mathematical ideas.
- Developing an understanding of the importance of Maths in everyday life and how to apply mathematical skills in a meaningful way.
- Improving learners’ ability to solve problems through decision-making and reasoning in a range of contexts.
- Providing appropriate accreditation and opportunities for life beyond school.
Letters to Parents
Tel: 01924 456811