SUPPORT AND INFORMATION
Here you will find links to information and support about Sports Premium
‘Sports premium funding has been used successfully to develop the pupils’ sports leadership programme, to improve the quality of the teaching of physical education for staff who are not specialist teachers, to develop extra-curricular activities and to provide specialist sports equipment.’
The PE and Sport Premium provides ring fenced money to primary school headteachers to improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils. The funding is currently worth £150 million per year and is provided jointly by the Department for Education, the Department of Health and the Department for Culture, Media and Sport.
Prime Minister David Cameron announced in February 2014 that the Government have committed to funding for the Primary PE and Sport Premium to 2020.
How schools can use the PE and Sport Premium
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that schools should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For example, schools can use your funding to:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
Letters to Parents
Tel: 01924 456811