FRIENDS OF RAVENSHALL
SUPPORT AND INFORMATION
Here you will find links to information and support about the Friends of Ravenshall
2010 saw the relaunch of our independent parents and teachers support group. We have recruited keen and enthusiastic staff from all different sectors of the school to help us to serve the needs of the school. We aim to:
- Co-ordinate fundraising activities
- Develop innovative ways of raising money
- Enable people to raise funds
- Achieve Charitable Status
- Award funds to worthwhile projects around school
- Recruit enthusiastic parents and carers
We have recently purchased a mobile stage which can be used for arts and drama along with occasions of musical celebration and student presentations. We hope to create a thriving community running alongside school to support students, staff and parents – onwards and upwards!
Friends of Ravenshall have now successfully achieved charitable status which will help us to develop our fundraising activities which will serve to continue to fund an exciting array of projects and events. Many parents and carers have joined us in our venture and we welcome their enthusiasm and creative ideas. We have gone from strength to strength in the past year raising funds to support pupils at Ravenshall School.
The following is a range of projects the fundraising committee has helped to support:
- Purchase of a new minibus
- New pool table for lunchtime clubs
- Sports Academy for 40 pupils
- Set of waterproofs (Primary and Secondary) for outdoor activities
- Staging and Lighting
- Tong Woods Activities
- Charging units and rechargeable batteries for electronic communication aids (Foundation)
- Black out blinds (Secondary ICT Suite)
- Top soil for Horticulture Areas
- Horticulture Fleeces for Students
- XBox for after school club (Primary)
Ongoing projects to support:
- Outdoor Learning Area (Science)
- KS2 Residential Trip to Cliffe House
- KS3 Residential trip to Lakeside
This year the new committee have run an Easter Raffle and organised sponsorship for a member of staff who cycled Coast to Coast to raise money for enhanced ICT equipment. They also plan to run a Summer Fair.
Meetings are now held by the committee on a regular basis to arrange, plan and organise future fundraising activities. Recruitment to the committee has been successful with a core of dedicated staff working with parents to enable successful fundraising events throughout the year. Parents are advised about meetings and are very welcome to attend. Events throughout the year have been well attended and profitable. They have promoted inclusion as well as curriculum and social activities.
Chair: Sue Pryor (Parent)
Secretary: Lynda Oldfield (Parent)
The recruitment of parents now enables them to be included in the planning and management of all future events.
Sue Pryor Tel:07940 189052 email: email@example.com
Lynda Oldfield 07803 246005email Lyndaljo@yahoo.co.uk
Mrs Thackray, Mrs Newsam, Mrs Turnbull and Mrs Ramsden continue to sit on the committee and can be contacted as follows:
Tel: 01924 456811
Any request for information or suggestions can be made to any of the mentioned contacts above.
Letters to Parents
Tel: 01924 456811