The Aims of Art at Ravenshall
Art education aims to:
- Develop safe ways of working through exploring a range of materials and equipment
- Stimulate creativity and imagination, personal expression and reflection and an enjoyment of art in many contexts
- Provide pupils with skills, concepts and knowledge necessary to express responses to ideas and experiences in a visual, tactical and sensory form.
- Develop, through art, craft and design activities, the ability to solve problems and communicate what they see, feel and think using colour, texture, form, pattern and different materials, processes and techniques.
- Develop an appreciation of and a concern for the natural and manufactured environment,
- learning about the roles and functions of art exploring the impact it has on contemporary life and that of different times and cultures.
- Develop increasing confidence in the use of visual and tactile elements and to improve the ability to control materials, tools and techniques.
- Foster an enjoyment and appreciation of the visual arts and a knowledge of artists, craftspeople and designers.
- Develop the ability to make informed critical responses to their own work and that of others, celebrating achievements and embracing new challenges.
- Generate independent, self-confident and motivated learners.
Letters to Parents
Tel: 01924 456811